Friday, March 31, 2006

From Z, a 1969 film by Costa-Gavras

Concurrently, the military banned long hair on males; mini-skirts; Sophocles; Tolstoy; Euripedes; smashing glasses after drinking toasts; labor strikes; Aristophanes; Ionesco; Sartre; Albee; Pinter; freedom of the press; sociology; Beckett; Dostoyevsky; modern music; popular music; the new mathematics; and the letter "Z"...
...Which in ancient Greek means "He is alive!"



So, I would definitely recommend this movie to my nearest and dearest. Isn't it amazingly fascist and...naive, in a manner, to ban a letter? Though an exceptional boon to unexceptional Scabble players, I have to wonder what the signs at the zoo said. I love such laws because they make rebellion infintely more accessible to the lazy rebel. I am simply not willing to put forth the effort to do anything symbolic anymore... such is the plight of the rebellious citizen in the permissive state.

Honestly though, the banning of the miniskirt is a cause for revolution if I have ever heard one.

Z

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

P

8:16 PM  
Blogger jw said...

I did already. Three times today. Every time it was as clear as water. I was amazed.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home