Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Healthful Day

Today was a healthful day. It was full of activities to nurture the mind, the body, and the spirit. Today I awakened early because a young man who is early to rise has a day's worth of opportunities to enjoy. I bathed and breakfasted, enjoying Honey Nut Cheerios. I packed myself a nutritious and delicious lunch, consisting of a whole-wheat bagel with deli turkey and a slice of cheddar cheese. I accoutered myself in my working attire: grey slacks, a collared oxford cloth shirt, and shoes that may or may not be black. I also wore a pair of black socks and grey boxer-briefs. So attired, I joined Jessica at the bus stop where we met the 10 W Gold and rode it to campus. I disembarked first. Today was my first day of Introduction to International Relations, my summer school class. It merits mention, but no discussion in this blog; I am taking this class and that is all there is to it. Still, my attendance constitutes an action that is possibly healthful to the mind. Afterward, I met with Jessica and consumed my nutritive lunch--two actions which are good for the soul and body, respectively. Later, I went to work. Work isn't good for anything, but at work I consumed an iced coffee. This was entirely necessary because I awakened early to take advantage of all kinds of theoretical opportunites and desperately needed caffeine to continue in that vein. After work, Jessica and I went to the gym. I know. Totally unexpected. We exercised too. I was of the opinion that today's trip to the gym should be a sort of scouting mission, a means by which to acquaint ourselves with this new territory. Jessica, however, had other plans and in the end she ruled the day. This behavior was so damn healthful (for the body, though certainly not for the spirit) that I suspect we will be sore for days. We revived the spirit by frying up some homemade mozzarella sticks. We enjoyed them out on the balcony with some of my homme-made spaghetti sauce. (Homme-made is not a typo so much as a pun. It is good for the soul, too.) Then we repaired to Bar Giuliani where I completed my assigned International Relations reading and Jessica read the New Yorker. The New Yorker is also good for the soul. Textbooks are good for nothing. We had some gelato though, and that more than made up for the awful texts that I've been assigned.

Now we're going to watch Frasier and go to sleep. (Good for the soul.)

I hope I have a less healthful day tomorrow. This one has been a violent shock to my system and I doubt I can withstand another one any time soon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you pay for a summer gym membership?

(I could just ask you this when I see you in 5 minutes, but this is much more fun)

12:11 AM  
Blogger jw said...

No, gym is included with the cost of a three-hour class.

12:18 AM  
Blogger jessica said...

We are definitely going to the gym tomorrow! Get ready, sucka.

Oh, and Erin, I bought a gym membership for $59.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Yesterday I played a match of tennis with my roommate, even though I'm awful at it. (good for the body)

Then I ate 24 chicken wings at Buffalo Wild Wings. (good for the soul)

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home