Sunday, August 27, 2006

Come Here Often?

My creepy web counter indicates that you're all anxious for some more remarks. About twenty-two of you each day, to be precise, are anxious for some new remarks. That's terrible and awe-inspiring. Twenty-two unique (like snowflakes) visitors look at my page a day. I strongly suspect that they only come to my page to use my choice and brilliant sidebar. Where else, I ask, could a websurfer find such compelling links or such wonderful music? Where else, I demand, could an average Joe or Joanna find a comprehensive list of my favorite restaurants and other fine establishments?

Nowhere, my twenty-two friends. Nowhere at all.

Tonight, I drank a Thomas Hardy's Ale with a little help from my friends. Really though. I never want to meet the person who can drink an entire Thomas Hardy's by themself. That beer is the fluid equivalent of a thousand pounds of fruit cake. There are heavy (HEAVY) syrupy tones of molasses, whole oases of figs, great heaps of nuts, and slight undertones of...I don't know, chocolate? It was complicated and heady and too much for the likes of me.

I also played Yahtzee for the first time, drank a Strongbow, and went to sleep satisfied.
Maybe again, some day.

I'm not convinced that snowflakes are unique anyway. The number of ways that water can crystallize is large but not infinite, and there are a hell of a lot of snowflakes every day for not one to ever be like another. Bullshit is all.
Bullshit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home