Thursday, April 12, 2007

Kurt Vonnegut dies


Kurt Vonnegut, whose dark comic talent and urgent moral vision in novels like "Slaughterhouse-Five," "Cat's Cradle" and "God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater" caught the temper of his times and the imagination of a generation, died Wednesday night in Manhattan. He was 84. (from the Chicago Tribune)

He was also one of my idols and I cannot count the nights I stayed up reading his books.

I'm actually very sad.

If you're in Champaign-Urbana, there's a Kurt Vonnegut Tribute reading on Thursday the 19th at Caffe Paradiso. Bring your favorite Vonnegut works and mourn into a microphone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Hi

5:56 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

I'm heart broken. I always dreaded the day he'd die. sigh.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home