Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Television

Perhaps, my friends, I have been too hasty in my blanket condemnation of television. I've often repeated that there are only five good shows that have ever been on television: Arrested Development, M*A*S*H, Jeopardy!, Antique Roadshow, and Sports Night. Since that time (last week), I have been forced to recant that remark. Television is a vast wasteland, true, but there are pockets of brilliance hidden in plain sight.

There is House. House is a fine show. Fine. There are lots of seizures in the first season, but that's all right. Who doesn't love a good frothy seizure?

There is The Wire, and Weeds, and Dexter.

There are probably others. The point is, I was wrong, but only a little wrong. Californication is an all right show. I've seen a couple episodes of Six Feet Under and they were okay. I've watched more than a few episodes of Friends. I've seen Sex & the City and the Drew Carey Show. I've seen Seinfeld and Cheers.

Television is a vast cesspool of feces.
DESTROY YOUR TELEVISION.


Except Antique Roadshow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home