Sunday, March 23, 2008

Always Coca-Cola

There is something unspeakably gorgeous about a can of Coca-Cola. I just glanced at one and my heart leapt into my throat and my eyes welled with tears. It's like looking upon the stars and stripes fluttering bravely o'er the ramparts or like the Statue of Liberty looking serenely out of the harbor, or like seeing the glorious skyline of a great American city. It is constant and imperial and stirringly American.

ALWAYS COCA-COLA should be printed on our currency in place of IN GOD WE TRUST. Take that Salmon Chase!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

as much as I wanted to be a pepsi person--you know, it's the choice of a new generation--I've somehow been lured into the clutches of diet coke. does diet even count?

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coke is about the only thing you can get here that you can also get in America. Everything else is from France if it's imported. So it makes me think of home and happiness...although, I'd much rather have Dr. Pepper because coke it kind of gross.

6:11 AM  
Blogger jessica said...

I hate Coca-Cola. Always.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home