Thursday, March 26, 2009

Notes on a New Job (and other briefer notes)

I've started a second job (during a recession, I hoard jobs) and I now remember how much I dislike not knowing how to do things. It's nice to be asked to do the things I already know how to do--chop vegetables, sauté things, and use a spoon, for instance--but doing anything else is slightly depressing. My ham-handedness with a portafilter, for example, is frustrating. My poor timing is also. I'm optimistic that these things will improve with time.

All I've consumed today is super-fresh espresso and water and I've got a mean tremor going on--something to consider when using the giant deli slicer.

Jessica and I probably agree on one point: putting me in an apron at 6am with a knife in hand is a dicey proposition.

Unrelatedly, do come to the bookstore on April 10th at 6pm. Adina Hoffman (of Ibis Editions) will be reading and discussing her new biography of Taha Muhammad Ali.

Also, ErHo the Evacuatee has returned. She brought me peppers and a sort-of knife!

1 Comments:

Blogger OLGA said...

Pics?

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home