Friday, July 17, 2009

Black/White Market

You know what would be great? An end to all stores, everywhere. Instead, a sort of black market-styled marketplace in which you have to know who to go to for what. Imagine how much more engaging that would be and the capacity such a model has to convey a sense of knowledge and status to people. Also intriguing would be the idea that everyone would have nicknames that described their trade, but in a round-about way (everything should be round-about); for instance: Shirtless Joe would sell pants. Why? Because he doesn't sell shirts. You're going to have to trust me here, I guess, when I tell you that Bald Mike is the barber and Smooth Mike sells razors and Natalie No-Pants sells skirts and, well, you're just going to have to trust me when I tell you that Flap-Foot Fran doesn't sell shoelaces, but does sell flip-flops. And maybe her feet flop, too.

For shoelaces, I am not sure where you go. Also, I'm not at all sure why I thought this was a good idea.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Dave said...

It is, however, a very fun idea.

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home