Friday, April 01, 2011

Alley Sextina

Dana Snitz sent me this missed connection (captured oddly small for posterity): http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/mis/2296468745.html

So I wrote this sestina:

I was taking the trash out when I noticed you
having sex with some gentile man.
I was shocked at your beauty--
your cute nose and brown hair and your wink--
I was more shocked when you came
in that alley behind Starbucks.

I want to see you again, but not behind Starbucks.
I will be good to you; I feel I can treat you
better anyway than that man (though you came).
He didn't seem an entirely nice man
--not the way he came at me after your wink--
and I don't think he really appreciated your beauty.

Because yours is an exceptional kind of beauty
one unexpected in the alley behind Starbucks.
I can still see your wink...
your cute nose and brown hair; you
and that awful gentile man,
and I can still see your face as you came.

Your face as you came!
Never have I seen such beauty!
I don't want to know about that man
and what you were doing behind Starbucks.
I mean, a nice Jewish girl like you?
(though with a very naughty wink...)

Let's forget that wink for a moment.
Your Bubbie must wonder what became
of you and all of the girls like you
-with your pale skin and dark beauty--
What kind of girl goes behind Starbucks
with what kind of sick gentile man?

I mean, I can understand the man.
I surely wasn't the first to catch your wink
But the alley behind Starbucks?
I'm still glad that I came
and I am still glad of your beauty.
I would really like to meet you.

I am your man. I have been since the alley behind Starbucks.
It could only be me for you, you and your wink--please respond!
I can't forget how your lust became beauty. I can't forget you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home